It doesn’t matter if you don’t know where to start your business, but a lot can be achieved when you start young. You may doubt your skills, characteristics and talents and not realise you are already an ‘entrepreneur’. In this blog IMPACT for Youth explains that young people regardless of having a high school, college degree or no educational background at all that they will most definitely already have a lot of the skills and characteristics inherent in who they are. This is the perfect start to your new entrepreneurial adventure. All you need now is a bit of confidence, the right advice and resources and you are well on your way to starting your own company.
- You must be willing to learn. That is, knowing how to accept advice, opinions and even working methods, each person can specialize in something and thus help you to promote your business idea.
- Be confident in your business idea. There will be many people who will try to discourage you by telling you that your idea is not good, but if you have already analyzed strengths and weaknesses, in addition to the opportunities and threats that you can find in the market, do not stop.
- Mind with innovative ideas. This is essential, you might think that everything already exists in the market, however, people’s needs are constantly changing, did you see the opportunity? take it and start developing it.
- Have security. For decision making and to talk with clients, if you transmit trust and security it will be easier for people to trust your project and obtain the necessary support from your work team and external people.
- Make way for creativity. The minds behind large international companies did not stop at the possibilities, capture everything you visualize in this way you can assess the pros and cons to carry out your idea.
- Be ambitious. The more short and medium-term goals you have, the more you can add small successes that over time will bear the expected fruits, being ambitious does not mean chasing money, but knowing that your project can improve every day and make a difference in the market.
- Be passionate. Doing what you like will give you the necessary boost to continue developing your business idea.
- Have a spirit of leadership. You must have the ability to influence others in order to achieve the goals you seek as an entrepreneur and thus encourage your colleagues to continue on the path of success.
- Take the initiative. It is good that you have many business ideas, but analyze those that are viable and those that are not, keep your feet on the ground, if you leave ideas in the air, they will probably only remain as good intentions.
- Solve problems quickly. As mentioned above, the path of entrepreneurship is not easy and thousands of problems can arise on your way to success, so it is necessary to keep your temper and a cool head to solve any challenge.
Take the IMPACT on Youth test to see if you have certain entrepreneurial skills particularly in initiative, motivation, and recognition of opportunities. With over 55 items it takes about 10 minutes to complete. There are no right or wrong answers the objective is to deliver individualised results.
This is a great start to your idea, you will then be aware of what is necessary to enhance your skills that may be innate or acquired through practice, resources, training and experience.